Andrew Hook, Author of ‘Beyond Each Blue Horizon’
In addition to being the founder and publisher of Elastic Press, a small independent U.K. press that specialises in anthologies of short stories “at the edges of reality and fantasy,” Andrew Hook is an award-winning author and editor.
His books include the short story collections, The Virtual Menagerie (Elastic Press, 2002), Beyond Each Blue Horizon (Crowswing Books, 2005) and Residue (Halfcut Publications, 2006) as well as the novels Moon Beaver (ENC Press, 2004) and Full Circle. He has also edited The Alsiso Project (Elastic Press, 2003), an anthology which features 23 stories from 23 different writers all of whom examine, in their own way, the enigma of Alsiso.
- His short story “April Syrup” was recently honourably mentioned in Ellen Datlow’s Year’s Best Fantasy & Horror.
- The Virtual Menagerie was nominated for the 2003 British Fantasy Society “Best Collection” Award.
- In 2005, Elastic Press won the British Fantasy Society awards for Best Small Press and Best Anthology.
- An Interview with Andrew Hook by Duncan Barford, infinity plus, 2005.
- Interview: Andrew Hook of Elastic Press, Emerald City #105.