Creative Partnerships Nottingham: Practitioner Think Tank
Creative Partnerships Nottingham is committed to developing the capacity of creative practitioners to collaborate with schools, teaching staff, young people and each other in innovative and exciting ways.
Following consultation with creative practitioners we are offering a new professional development opportunity in 2007-2008. The creative practitioner think tank aims to support a group of up to ten practitioners to take time out to reflect on their practice, develop new ideas and energise their approach to the work they do with schools in this area. We need creative practitioner think tank members who are:
- willing both to listen and to lead
- able to air ideas that spark debate
- ready to experiment
- open to shaping the sessions
- eager to develop their work and thinking outside the group
- keen to bring ‘work in progress’ to each session
We are interested in hearing from practitioners who have a well-established education practice (at least two years) in school settings in the East Midlands and are open to exploring more deeply how to develop their practice and its relevance to creative learning.
The opportunity to reflect and share learning and practice has been identified as a key benefit to creative practitioners working with Creative Partnerships. The creative practitioner think tank offers support which aims to make a deep and sustainable impact on the participant’s practice, rather than short-term improvement. A think tank is defined as “a group of experts researching and advising on issues” or a “group that conducts research and engages in advocacy.”
The creative practitioner think tank aims to:
- provide an opportunity for practitioners to share and develop innovative thought and practice
- promote peer to peer mentoring
Creative Partnerships Nottingham will:
- offer £600 to each think tank participant
- contribute ongoing support from the CPD project manager
- provide venues for a series of six half day sessions
September 28, 2007.
How to apply:
- Submit an application form (preferably by email) available from the Creative Partnerships Nottingham team.
- Short listed applicants will be required to attend a selection workshop on Wednesday 17 October 10.00 am to 1.00 pm.
- The creative practitioner think tank sessions will be held in Nottingham on Friday 9 November 2007, Monday 10 December 2007, Tuesday 22 January 2008, Wednesday 12 March 2008, Thursday 15 May 2008 and Friday 18 July 2008 — all sessions will be 9.30am for 10.00am start to noon. Please ensure you are available on all the listed dates before making your application.