New Writing for Theatre
Cento Productions in partnership with Script Yorkshire and The Carriageworks are looking for new writers and new writing to contribute to the third in their successful series of seasonal mini-festivals of new writing for theatre.
We will consider submissions in any style or genre, for one to five actors, of 5 to 20 minutes performance time, based (loosely) on the theme of “Summertime“. Writers are encouraged to interpret the theme of summer as widely as possible — whether it’s ‘sun, sea and sex’ or pagan sun worship and ancient blood sacrifice that is your stimulus.
- Pieces should involve one simple, single setting with minimal furniture and only absolutely necessary props.
- Pieces must be written using a recognised industry format, e.g. SmartScript, which is available to download free at the BBC Writers Room website.
- Screenplays and TV Scripts will not be considered, so please do not send them.
- Submissions will be shortlisted in early May and further developed with the Creative Team for fully staged, script-in-hand performance at The Carriageworks, Leeds, on 10th and 11th June 2008.
- The deadline for submissions is 30th April 2008.
- Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include a brief synopsis and full contact details including name, address and telephone number.
Source of message: EMIT Writers News (April).