Call for Submissions: Tripod Magazine
The Literature Network calls for submissions for Issue 2 of Tripod, a new magazine and podcast which showcases the best written and spoken material from the Derby, Leicester and Nottingham area, giving it a regional and national platform.
For this issue, we challenge you to submit stories, poems and spoken word pieces on the theme of ‘Escape’. Entries might be visions of physical escape from a place or situation, or daydreams and flights of the imagination that lift us from the everyday. Interpret the theme in any way you like.
- All submissions must engage with the current issue’s theme of ‘escape’. You may write specifically to that theme, or submit existing work that meets it.
- Submissions from those who live, work in or have another connection with the three cities are especially welcome.
- Writing selected for the magazine will receive a prize at the following rates:
Poetry — £50
Flash fiction — £50
Short stories — £200
- Written submissions should be typed on A4, double spaced on one side only. Include full contact details including email address, and a short biography of the writer. Postal submissions only please. Spoken word pieces (no more than 5 minutes long) should be submitted in MP3 format on a CD. They may include music or other sound effects, so long as the sender has copyright.
Send your submissions to:
c/o Bell Jar,
Banks’ Mill Studios,
71 Bridge Street,
Please remember to include a stamped self-addressed envelope or we cannot reply.
The closing date for submissions is May 18, 2007 and the publication date is the week commencing July 2, 2007.
Tripod is supported by Three Cities Create and Connect.
For more information on Tripod Magazine and other literary projects in the East Midlands visit Leicester Literature or contact:
Literature Development Officer,
Libraries A12 New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG.
- May 2007: Top Ten Searches, Leicester Review of Books, June, 2007.
- Letter: Tripod Magazine Launch, March 2, 2007, Leicester Review of Books, February 14, 2007.